The Reginald F. Lewis Museum is Baltimore’s premier facility highlighting the history and accomplishments of African Americans with a special focus on Maryland’s African American community. A Smithsonian affiliate, the museum is the East Coast’s largest African American museum occupying an 82,000 square-foot facility with ample permanent and special exhibition space, interactive learning environments, auditorium, resource center, oral history recording studio, museum shop, café, classrooms, meeting rooms, outside terrace and reception areas. The museum is located near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor at the corner of Pratt and President Streets.
The Lewis is capable of hosting events from small intimate dinner parties to large scale receptions. Our unique venue is a mark of architectural excellence, as well as a state of the art attractive venue for your special occasion. The museum is the perfect location for corporate events, meetings, seminars, weddings, receptions, galas, holiday parties and fundraisers. The museum offers a one of a kind space for your private gathering and our professional event planning staff is ready to assist you in every detail from start to finish.
Take the Journey and let your next event be part of history at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum!
7:00 am-9:00 am and 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. weekdays (Monday-Friday)
7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
Extended hours are available @ $450.00 per hour, upon approval
The museum’s non-public spaces are available to rent during public and non-public hours.
|Upper Lobby/Theater (2nd Floor)||Seated: 200+||Reception: 800+|
|Boardroom/Commons/Terrace (4th Floor)||Seated: 70||Reception: 100|
|Theater (2nd Floor)||Seated at rounds: 100||Theater Style: 200|
|Board Room (4th Floor)||Seated at rounds: 50||Board Room Style: 30|
|Large Conference Room (4th Floor)||Seated at rounds: 20||Board Room Style: 14|
|Distance Learning Classroom (4th Floor)||Classroom Style: 24|
Catering is provided exclusively by Class Act Catering Inc., Jim Britton, President.
- Evening Rental rates are based on a 4 hour event and up to 200 guests
- Validated parking is available for the Dodge PMI Garage directly across the street on the corner of Pratt and President
- The Exhibits can be open at no charge from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm. Additional fees apply after 8:00 pm
- A deposit of $500.00, along with a signed Letter of Agreement, is required to confirm a reservation. The balance of the fees is due 14 days prior to the event. In addition, the Client must procure public and employee liability insurance at its cost and provide evidence of coverage upon request.
- No smoking, no live flowers, no candles, and no red wine.